Monday, December 8, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Purse

Each and every one of us has a special story. Each woman in the love group has a life that is different from the others’ day-to-day life; however, there is one thing that bonds us together. (It’s not just a great purse although this could be another expression.) It is the fact that we love each other dearly and care to know each other in the very ways that make us unique from each other. That is a great gift. That is the gift I am giving you this Christmas.

I want to continue to know you girls even though I am far away. I am sending you this super cute sisterhood purse! Although we are so different I think it fits all of us in some way. I think this sisterhood purse can be a way for us to continue to tell our stories to each other.

When a love group member gives you the purse to use for a season, wear it proudly and use it well! Take it with you wherever you go. You can throw diapers, lipstick, work folders, whatever you want into the purse! You might even find that a sister left a little something behind for you. As you wear the purse, observe your interactions with others, the way you view the world, funny encounters you have. Then tell your story on the sisterhood blog: www.sisterhoodofthetravelingpurse.blogspot.com. Once you’ve posted your story – however long or short, you have total freedom – just promise to pass it along once you’ve gotten your story to tell.

I love you and miss you especially this Christmas!
Love,
Kath

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm excited for this journey! What a fun and creative way to connect!

Sara said...

We are the coolest group ever! Kath, thanks for getting the ball rolling :-)